Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rents, Karate, Sushi, Race Packets

After work Monday, I went over to Mom and Roy's for dinner and to hang out. Roy grilled some burgers and I helped Mom with some of her computer stuff. J and I toured the neighborhood on the golfcart before leaving. That boy loves driving that thing. Tuesday morning, I had the same breaky but not the same workout as Monday. Sean T totally rocked my body so I skipped my yoga session that I had planned. I swung by Easy Way on my lunch to pick up some produce since there was absolutely none in the house. I put it to great use for lunch!
I made a sandwich with hummus, baby portabellas, habenero & jalapeno cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion and cucumber backed up with a romaine salad topped with chipotle ranch and wasabi ranch wontons (my all time favorite unhealthy salad topper!)

I also got those little hot peppers from Easy Way that are smokin'.
After work, I took J to karate and got in some exercise while he was in class.

My heel has been feeling so much better and with the Cooper Young race coming up Friday night, I felt like it might be OK to do a little jogging so 1 1/4 pf those 3 1/2 miles were jogged and I am paying big for it today. My heel has felt like electric daggers are running straight through it all day. THIS SUCKS! I don't know how to just walk. It's so boring sometimes and makes me feel like such a wimp and seems like such a waste of time when I could just be jogging. Clearly nothing is going to heal while still running though. I am considering making an appointment with the podiatrist. Anyways, I was still able to work up a great sweat and lose some tension. After J and I were through, we ran by the new Lenny's that opened at Mendenhall and Poplar and picked up some cheap eats for dinner. They were offering $4 subs so we grabbed us and K a sub and headed home to catch up on some Big Brother.
I decided to sleep in late again this morning at about 1:00am last night when I changed my alarm from 5am to 6 am for some unknown reason. Maybe because my muscles were still achy from Sean T? I cut up some cantaloupe for J and I. I packed his with some almonds for his snack and mine went along with some cheese toast on rye for breaky. Mel picked up our race packets before lunch and I met her, Chuck, Chris and Trimboli for lunch at Pacific Rim. I had 2 of my faves! Ocean Pyramid and the house salad with crab.

I had to steal someone else's picture off the net since I didn't take one of my own.
Also this week, I started tracking my calories in and calories out with an app on my iPhone. I've done great since Sunday and have lost a pound. I got up this morning and decided to see what my measurements were now...I have been very scared to do this for a while but dug in. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but not the numbers I wanted to see. Surprisingly though, they were the same measurements I had at the end of 2004. I don't remember being this big since right after I had J so that made me feel a little more hopeful about getting back to where I was. It's only a few inches for heaven's sake and a clothes size. I got this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment