Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Relaxing at the Lake!

After work Friday, I grabbed the dogs and headed to Pickwick to meet K. He went up that morning to do some work at the hunting camp. I got to the lakehouse in time to get the car unloaded, have a beer, find out about K's day and then we were off. We went to the Clubhouse at the golf course for the seafood buffet...Mom and Roy had it a few weeks ago and said it was good. We hung out in the bar, watching people and drinking a few cold ones while we worked up an appetite. Granted, the food was good (what fried seafood isn't?) BUT I will never eat it again. I went to bed Friday night with the worst stomach and woke up with it still hurting and my fingers and eyes horribly swollen. It must have been swimming in sodium. I felt horrible! K and I got early starts, he headed off to the camp and I headed to Goat Island to get my 6 miles in.


The hills were gargantuan and they kicked my ass. There was not a dry spot on my body when I finished. Even my ponytail was drenched but I was impressed with my time. I still managed to keep an almost 15 minute mile pace with all the hills.

It was a beautiful day surrounded by the lake and all of the foliage and Mother Nature.

And this was the view when I was finished, as I stretched! How can you not enjoy that?
I stopped at the store on the way home to pick up sandwich fixins for lunch and then spent the rest of the day on the back deck reading my Jen Lancaster book while K watched college football. All of the games I was interested in didn't come on until 6:00 so I had plenty of time to chill :) I came inside in time for a little nap before the LSU, Texas, Tennessee and Alabama games came on. We ordered in pizza and hung out at the house the rest of the night.
Sunday morning was an even more beautiful day!!! I popped outta bed, ate a piece of cold pizza and ventured out to ride the hills this time.
Ooooooooo weeeeeeee, that was a tough one. The hills are even worse on the wheels. I did all I could do and then went back to the house and chilled the rest of the day on the back deck with my book. I'm seeing a pattern :) I got back in town in time to pick up J and meet Heather and Shane at church for the Stirring. It was a good service with Rudy Howard being the guest preacher while Eli was out of town. After church, J and I went to Tops to pick up some BBQ and headed to the house to watch the sorry opening game for the Cowboys. It was a ridiculous game, they beat themselves as usual and I went to bed for more angry about it than I should have.
I got up this morning and did 45 minutes of Sean T's Rock Your Body, made some cheese toast on rye with a banana for breaky, our casa is in serious need of a grocery trip!!!! Been working ever since....

No comments:

Post a Comment