Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Staying so far behind

I've been doing horrible keeping my blog up to date. Wednesday night after work, J and I headed over to church for the beginning of the middle of the week sessions for fall. Before Wednesday night church, Hope serves a homemade cheap dinner for everyone. I wasn't too excited about that night's dinner when I saw the menu in an email but it surprised me and was super good. I had chicken pot pie, orange and feta salad and some of the best green beans I have ever eaten. After that, J and I split a piece of chocolate cake and it was worth every little calorie. I can't believe I stopped with only a few bites! Here's a look at part of the crowd that gathers for Wednesday night dinners:
The whole gym looks that way from 5:00 until 6:30....I cannot imagine cooking for all of those people but I'm glad they do it. After dinner, J went to his 1st Kids Small Group and I went to the 1st class of Real Discipleship class. The class is going to be done by Craig, Eli and our new assistant pastor. Craig did the 1st class and ran through Genesis and Exodus. I really liked his step back and look at the big picture version. I tend to get too caught up and lose sight when there are too many details given to me.
Thursday morning was an elliptical workout and then off to In Service for my last day this year (thank goodness!) Clay was in class with me and we went to Panera, where I snagged a chopped chicken cobb salad and a Cuban chicken panini for lunch. After work, I took J shoe shopping since he had been complaining about his tennis shoes hurting his feet....I guess so! I had the sales lady measure his shoe size and that boy is wearing a size 8 in men's now. Poor thing was having to force on those kid sized shoes. I am going to go broke if he doesn't take a break from growing soon! After our shopping spree (did I mention I bought a new stair climber?) we went home and snagged ole K and headed up to Swanky's for some dinner. I had the chicken enchiladas, J had the quesadilla and K had the chimichanga and 1 of my enchiladas. That place has become one of our faves! Friday was spent at work in a frazzle. Got started on a project that had a deadline of that afternoon and almost didn't get a lunch. I finally managed to slip away to Fino's and enjoy a veggie sub.

I tried the soft bread for the first time since my front tooth still doesn't feel 100% and damn I have been missing out. I really think I like it better than the regular bread. This was all I had left:
I didn't like it at all :) After work Friday was the Cooper Young Fest 4 miler. J, K and I ran it and had so much fun. J did the whole thing and barely broke a sweat. My heel had been hurting pretty bad and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run but I got there and got excited and went for it. I wound up running 3 1/2 of the 4 miles and my foot was actually fine, it was my knee that did me in. I guess I've been walking weird to compensate for my heel that now I have done something to my knee. I keep telling myself to make a doctor's appointment and keep forgetting until it's a time like now when they aren't open. After the race, we went to Huey's to grab a bite and a few beers. I had the chicken and pineapple kabob dinner.
Saturday morning, I got up and headed out pretty early to get my 6 1/2 mile walk in. I didn't track my route before leaving and wound up doing 7 miles instead. I was pooooooooped! I learned from that walk that there is no way from here on out to do these long walks without eating something first. The weather was beautiful though and besides feeling like I was going to pass out during the last mile and a half, it was a wonderful walk :) Seriously, if K would have been at home instead of playing golf, I would've called him and had him pick me up on the last mile. After my walk, J and I grabbed lunch at Holiday Ham and then slid on down to the new yogurt place, LoYo.

I had heard a lot of buzz about it and been telling J about it and promising to take him but I didn't understand what all the hype was about. Now I do! It was amazing and they had more toppings than you could ever dream of and I had total control over how much went on my yogurt, which when we are dealing with caramel, needs to be a lot! After that, we ran some errands and then headed over to the Longs' to watch some football. K met us over there after golf in time to watch LSU smack down MS State. We hung around there until about 10 or so and then went home to bed. We got up Sunday morning and had to get busy cleaning the house. We had an open house from 2-4 pm. The Cowboys' game started at noon, so we left the house at halftime and headed to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the rest of the game while our house was open to the public. After the horrific game, I ran to the grocery, J and I went to church and to Barnes and Noble for new books and then back home to eat some leftover gumbo and finally watch the 1st new episode of Survivor from last week. Bed time was early after such an eventful weekend and I got up this morning and rocked my body with Sean T's DVD. Breaky was a throwback to the good ole days when Mom use to make it for me:

A good ole egg salad sammy hit the tummy nicely. I spent all day interviewing candidates for the open clerical position in the office and think I found a wonderful employee. Hopefully Wilma will be starting soon and bringing a lot of personality to the office. Headed out now to Mom and Roy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment