Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day with the Cajuns

This is a small picture of the hell I orchestrated and endured last week:
I hope it is a long, long time before I ever have to deal with that again! Thursday night was a lot of getting ready for Labor Day in Louisiana. I managed to make some whole grain crusted tilapia, roasted broccoli and rutabaga fries for dinner though.

K and I were packed and ready to roll when we picked J up from school Friday. We made it to Toledo Bend around 11:00 and stayed up an hour or so talking to Betty and Dale and the girls. The rest of the weekend was craziness! We hung out at the pool, kayaked, went boating, cooked lots of food, ate lots of food, did some fishing, terrorized Big Bass on the golfcarts, played with all the puppies in the campground, built fires and visited all the crazies in the camp: Danny, Chad, Mike, Vicky, Tommy, Yvonne and others I'm sure I am forgetting. Here are some of the pics:









It still amazes me how being on the water makes me such a happy camper :) BUT even better than the water, I was so happy this weekend everytime I thought about how much I love being around the Lavergnes. It is so great to have a boyfriend that has a family that I actually like and enjoy being around!
We left Toledo Bend yesterday morning and made it home in time to get unloaded, eat a snack and relax before bed. On our way home, K went a little out of the way to show me a town in Louisiana that he's been telling me about forever that he knew I'd like. He was right! Natchitoches is a small town that I would LOVE to live in!!! I'm hoping we can go down and spend a weekend there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment