Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter weather still messing with me. Pete & Sam's.

The weather Monday was pretty good, all hell had yet to break. I joined the Y at lunch time and ran a few errands. Went out to Mom and Roy's after work for dinner with J. By the time we got home, the rain had started and by the time I woke up Tuesday, the temperatures were falling. I went to the gym at lunch and had a really good cardio workout. 1 mile on the track, 15 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on some new machine that is a combo of a stair climber and an elliptical (guess I will call it a climical until I figure out what it is). After work, I bundled up and made it home as quick as I could. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was f-f-f-f-f-freezing. Wind chill was 15 and wind gusts of 55mph were recorded. What a nightmare! Luckily our power stayed on and I was able to do a crab leg boil for dinner. Yesterday, I went to the gym at lunch and had a fitness test done on me before my workout. I'm in better shape than I thought!!! My body fat is 23.5% which is fine for a woman my age....."normal" is 20 - 25% but I want to make that better. Everything else I was tested on (strength, flexibility, cardiovascular health, blood pressure....) I scored good or excellent on. SWEET! :) After work, J, K and I met Nancy, Tony, Harry and his wife, Pat at Pete & Sam's for dinner.
Pete & Sam's is one of my favorite restaurants and not because of the great food, even though it is really, really good. I love Pete & Sam's so much because it brings back childhood memories. Mom and Roy use to take me there all the time and hardly anything in the restaurant has changed. Actually the only thing I can recall that isn't the same are the little personal jukeboxes that were at the front booths are gone now. I use to be so disappointed if we didn't get to sit at a table with one of those :( There were about 8 booths up front and on the wall next to each booth, there was a little bitty satellite station type thing where you could play the big jukebox right from your table. I really thought it was so cool! Here is a pic of the closest thing I can find to what they looked like:
 After dinner, we rushed home to get out of the cold AGAIN! I hate this shit!!!!! I woke up this morning to find out they are calling for an ice storm tomorrow. Just Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment