Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shrimp and Grits. Mini Taco Salads. A trip to the vet and finally some workouts!

I did not get home in time for a workout Monday night. I forgot I needed to hit up the grocery store since the cupboards were bare. I was luchy enough to be able to find the makings for a 'dilla for an afternoon snack though.
Monday night I tried a new dish I found a recipe for shrimp and grits and gave it a whirl.
Everyone gobbled it up, including Gina (the cleaning lady at work). I got up in time for an early workout Tuesday morning....first time in forever. I did Jillian's Yoga dvd and then mixed up blueberry smoothies for the little boy and I. I went to the gym at lunch to get some cardo in. 25 minutes bike and 30 minutes treadmill, 4.2mph and 3% incline. I worked up a great sweat and headed back to the office after a quick shower for some more shrimp and grits. Taco and Margo had appointments with the vet that afternoon for their yearly exams/vaccinations.

They did a great job and luckily didn't stay made at me too long after it was over with!

Dinner was mini deer taco salads, oven baked corn tortilla chips and black bean and corn salsa.

After dinner, we got to watch the Tigers get another W over Houston. I was up early again this morning to get on the ellip and watch the first episode of Criminal Minds I have been able to tape this year since Comcast was so sucky. Still lovin the Directtv :) Breakfast was an egg/cheese/pico burrito and a banana. Lunch was a pilates workout at the Y and the last of the leftover shrimp and grits w/ some tomato and cucumber salad and spaghetti squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment