Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

More snow...seriously! More homemade goodies. More store found goodies. Friday Family Date Night. Warm Weather. Grilling out. Pre-Valentines Day.

I was able to get back to work Tuesday but it didn't matter because we got slammed Wednesday and Thursday. SO. SICK. OF. IT!!! Tuesday night, I tried my hand at some homemade granola bars.
They were actually really good. J and K loved them too. I am going to tweek them a little next time. The recipe called for cinnamon and quite a bit of vanilla which I am going to do without and use some applesauce instead of oil but good turn out for the first time. Wednesday was a very annoying day. J was dismissed from school at 12:15 and by 1:30 the roads were unmanageable. Leegan came over to play with J and K braved the streets to grab us some wine and whiskey. It took him 30+ minutes to get to the liquor store that is about a mile and a half away. J spent the night at Leegan's and K and I worked on a new dinner. Deer steaks and gravy and it turned out damn good. I should have taken a picture but was heavy in the wine and forgot about it. We watched movies and Dexter on Netflix and I tried to forget about the weather. The boys came back to the house Thursday morning because Angie had to work. They were totally exhausted and laid around all day watching tv, which was fine by me because I was feeling a little under the weather and stayed in bed all day. After Angie picked Leegan up, J and I went to Walgreen's to get a poster board for his book report and found an awesome new treat.

This stuff was the bee's knees! J and I decided that we need to try our hand at making some homemade one day. We got back home and I was pooped, almost as pooped as Taco.

I'm not sure if it was the weather getting me down or if I really was under the weather but either way, I was a mess. I thawed some chicken white bean chili for the guys for dinner and we watched The Blindside. K had never seen it and I cried like I had never seen it either. The snow and ice had pretty much melted and the streets were fine by Friday morning. J went back to school and I went to work. I popped into the gym for a lunchtime pilates class and things were warming up and the sun was shining so by the time I got off work, I was in pretty good spirits. We met the Mays for some hibachi at Nagasaki Friday night.

The boys loved our food being cooked at the table and the adults loved all the riff raff that was there for our viewing pleasure. We had a lot of nascar fans, a lot of Joe Dirt look alikes and quite a few very large girls that had a fondness for the blue drinks. The food wasn't all that impressive but everyone is ready to go back ASAP! J and I got started early Saturday. We went to Gibson's to grab him some donuts. When we got home, I suited up for some marathon training since the Nashville Half is creeping up on us and I haven't done any long runs since November.

I took it pretty easy since it has been so long but it still was hell. It kicked my ass actually BUT I DID IT! I now have a swollen and achy left knee with some kinda -itis in it :( but I bought a brace for it and hopefully it will help. I also bought a foot brace for my plantar fascitis and woke up this morning with no heel pain! Anyways, after my run, J and I ran a few errands. I got 2 new Brahmins in exchange for the one K bought me for Christmas that I wasn't too fond of, J got his new fish, Harry, and we did some major damage at Sam's Club. We decided a grilled meal was in order for Saturday night since the weather was so much better than it has been so I picked up quite a few goodies at Sam's. This was our meal as I was prepping things:
And this is the finished project:
Cedar plank grilled lobster tail, cilantro lime shrimp, loaded potato and roasted broccoli. We got stupid on this meal and ate until we could barely walk.
Sunday was J's baptismal birthday and he and I met mom, Roy and Sis at church and then went to Huey's for lunch (his choice!!!). After lunch, we ran some errands and went home to enjoy the weather. We played around with his bow for a while.
The best archer there is!

I didn't bother taking off my Sunday linens for the play.
Mel texted me to let me know Weezer was back in the hospital for dehydration and that things aren't looking that good. I was going to meet her when she went back but after working all night and getting home to nap, she didn't wind up going back until late Sunday night. K and I took J out to dinner for his coming to Jesus birthday at Old Venice Pizza Company and then to Yo Lo for dessert. I was spent by the time we got home and pretty much went straight to bed. I cannot wait til the days are longer and warmer so my energy will be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment