Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cortisone, Baseball and Michael Oher

Tuesday was a busy day. I went home at lunch to clean the house because it was being shown that evening, I met the Directtv installer and after 2 nights with it hate that I didn't get it before and had to go to the podiatrist to get a cortisone shot in my heel. After all that, I was pooped plus I couldn't feel my foot so I grabbed the boy and we ran by Olive Garden to pick up some soup and salad for dinner and chilled the rest of the night on the couch with Directtv :)
Yesterday was pretty eventful too, luckily I felt good and had all feeling back in my foot. The day seemed normal at first. I got to work, went to the gym to work out at lunch and about an hour after getting back from the gym is when the panic set in. I went to rub my ear and felt my diamond earring was gone. I felt the other ear and that one was gone also. I knew I had not taken them off in weeks and the only explanation was they fell out while I was at the gym swimming. I made a beeline back to the Y, suited up and went on a hunt with the help of the guy that was using the lane I had used earlier and luckily enough we found both earrings and the backs. Both backs were broken. I have no idea what happened but was so relieved to have found them. After work, K and I took J to Davis Kidd bookstore to meet Michael Oher and get him to sign our book.
J waiting patiently in line.

We were getting closer to the front of the line.
J and Michael Oher.
He was humungus but seemed as sweet as a puppy dog. The place was packed and they were rushing the lines through so we didn't get to talk to him for long but it was still exciting. After that, we ran over to Swanky's to grab some dinner and watch the second half of the Tigers game. It was a close one again but the got the W over UAB. We made our way home and loved on the directtv a little more.
Today started crazy from the go but has calmed down. I went to a new class at the gym (yoga/pilates fusion) and liked it a lot. I have been staying off my knee as much as I can and it feels like it is pretty much healed but I'm still taking it easy. I will head back out Saturday sometime to try another 7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment