Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sharky's. A friend in town and another friend's crisis. Sunday Funday and Interim.

Friday didn't start off on the best foot.....I had to take our Comcast router and cable box back to them to close the cable account and this is what I walked in to:
But I got through it and a don't have to deal with this stupid company again!!! Friday afternoon seemed to drag on forever but when it finally ended, I started the weekend off great. K and I had a couple of drinks and decided where the night should take us. We originally had plans to go to Sweetgrass for dinner with Mel and Chuck but MM got sick so we were on our own which was cool too. We decided to head to Sharky's and see what was going on there.
I had a little cleaning to do before we left though. At Sharky's I had a few glasses of wine and we split the appetizer trio (tuna sashimi, bacon wrapped grilled shrimp and crab cakes) It was some of the best tuna I have ever had.
For dinner, I had the iceberg wedge and the red hot roll. K had the filet and shrimp. Everything was really good but nothing compared to the tuna!!! After dinner, we went home and started to watch Dexter but decided it was time for bed.
We got up Saturday and everything started normal. We ran to Lenny's to grab a sub for lunch and then came home and started doing some chores and cleaning up since Susan was on her way to town. Even the pups got cleaned up....doesn't Taco look thrilled?
After all of the chores were done and my lunch was settled, I was about to go on a long run when Heather texted me and told me Jason was leaving her. I jumped in the car and picked her up. We went back to the house to wait on Susan and then headed over to the Courtyard by Marriott since I had more house guests than K was expecting and to give us some girl time. We got ready and headed over to River Oaks for some dinner and to watch the Tigers basketball game. The game wasn't so great but the food was to die for. Suz and I split a whole bunch of small plates.
I still had tuna on my mind after Friday's dinner so one of our plates was the tuna tartare.
We also had cheese beignets, mac and cheese and frites! All very, very good but the mac & chz was my fave. We hung around there for a little while and had a few laughs at some of the guys at the bar and posed for a few pictures, of course!
After dinner, we ran over to Brookhaven to meet Laura, Madonna, Billy, Mary and Vicky. We stayed out until about 1:30am and Heather actually had some fun so it was not a waste! Suz and I fell right back into our old ways and had so many laughs together about anything and everything. Our minds think so much a like and we are able to find so much humor in everything we see or do that it is always a laugh riot when we are together. Some of our biggest laughs came from Frederick Douglas, Flight of the Conchord, O Brother Where Art Thou and Coexist bumper stickers.
I also started talking to her about the possibility of coming on part time with Rodan + Fields, the skincare company she has been working for. I placed an order and am going to try it out to see if I like it and if I do and going to try my hand at selling it on the side to make a little extra dough. She has been using the product for a few months and looks amazing so I am pretty excited about it. So we got back to the hotel Saturday night and Heather went right to sleep. Suz and I stayed up even longer laughing about everything after I got over being annoyed with having 3 women using one vanity and having no room at all to get my makeup off.
We got up the next morning and got ready for another day with the girls and headed out to find a patio for lunch since the weather was so amazing. Mellow Mushroom was our pick and the patio was great.
We enjoyed a beautiful day with good food and good friends. We had the homemade hummus, avocado and bacon sandwich and chicken tortilla soup and everyone shared everything.

We sat under this tree that everyone loved! I would really love a few of these in the backyard. We left there and took Susan to the house where her R+F event was being held and said our goodbyes :(((( I circled back to  Lakeland and took Heather home and finally made it back to mi casa in time to relax with my guy for a while. Sunday night, we went to Interim for dinner. It was the 1st time K had been there and the 1st time I had gone for anything more than drinks. It was a treasure! I wish I had gotten pics of our food but forgot. I really am meaning to keep up with my food pics better but not doing so great here recently. We started off with the quail for an appy. It was grilled and served on top of roasted squash and mushrooms with a balsamic reduction. It was the best quail I ever had, not that I have had that much but it usually just tastes like dried chicken to me. This was really good. For dinner, I got the mussels and mac & chz and K got the pork tenderloin served on top of mashed sweet potatoes with roasted brussel sprouts. De. Li. Cious! All of it!! We were both exhausted and went straight to bed when we got home. Today has not been anything like I planned but oh well, I'm rolling with it. Have missed both workouts that I planned and my breakfast bowl was a total fail.
I mixed some greek yogurt, peanut butter and walnuts in with some oats.....blech! I have come to the conclusion that the only way I will ever like oatmeal is when it is drenched in butter and sugar. Lunch was some leftover Mardi Gras pizza that K brought home from Old Venice Saturday night. I am hoping to get home in time to do at least some form of exercise before dinner but not so sure since I have to go to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment