Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Tigers Basketball and locker room. A wonderful lake weekend with beautiful weather. Dinner with a long lost pal.

Last Wednesday, I was able to score some tickets from Cyp for the Tigers basketball game. K, J and I met Heather and her crew and April W. and her daddy and Madonna and her gang at the FedEx Forum for a match up with University of Central Florida. Cyp got us good seats and then took us to the locker room after the game so the boys could meet the players and get autographs. The adults had fun with it too!
Picture from our seats at the game.

J and Shane testing out the Tigers bench.

Headed back to the locker room.

The girls getting loud in the locker room.

The boys with Coach Pastner.

Will Coleman was one of the players that came out and said hi after the guys had already met him in the locker room.
Thursday was a bit of a rough one. We wound up staying at the Forum in the locker room until well after 10 and didn't get to bed until around 11:30. How lame is that? I can barely function now getting to bed at 11:30 without drinking a drop of alcohol.....my, my how times have changed. I really am an old fart! I had a hair appointment after work so I put the makings for white bean chicken chili in the crockpot before I left for work and it was perfect.
Friday after work, J, K and I headed east to the lakehouse. We got there in time to relax, watch some basketball and order pizzas. We got up Saturday morning and headed to the hunting lease. The weather was amazing and we were ready to get outside and have some fun. We went with the intention of doing a little squirrel hunting and wound up doing everything but killing squirrels.
J is packing his goodies and his backpack and ready to go.
J and K ready to get whatever we can find.
The sky was the prettiest I had seen it in quite a long time.

Checking one of the ponds for ducks.

J searching for tadpoles.

Taking a little nap break!
We spent the whole day at the farm and headed back to the lake right before it got dark. It was super, super nice getting outside after all of the bullshit weather we have been having lately. On the way back to the lake, we stopped at the Rib Cage and picked up some ribs for dinner later on. We threw them in the oven to keep warm and headed to the yard to build a fire and that's where we stayed the rest of the night. J and I got up Sunday morning and went to the Clubhouse for brunch and then we all headed home. There were a few chores we had to do when we got home but there was still enough time to slip in a nap before dinner. We met Eve at Swanky's for dinner and then called it a night. I got up this morning and got a work out in before work. I went to the Y and joined at lunch so that's where I will be spending a lot of my mid days from now on.....hopefully it will pay off when bathing suit season gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment