Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

The holiday weekend started as soon as I got off work Friday....J, K and I jumped in the car and headed to Nashville. We had the luxury of staying at Leslie's empty condo for the small price of taking care of their rabbits while they were out of town. Meet Bun Bun and Cookie.
We met the bunnies and unloaded the car and rolled back out to Peter's Sushi (one of my favorite sushi restaurants in Nashville. K and I loaded up on sushi and J had a little mix of fried rice, sushi and shrimp heads.
We were pretty exhausted and decided to head home after stuffing our bellies to play with the bunnies some more.
Saturday monring K brewed some coffee while acting like a nut in Josh's glasses and we hung out at the pool for a few hours.
Later that afternoon, we went to Pokey and Melissa's for their annual crawfish boil. J wasn't too crazy about heading over there since they have 2 daughters and he was convinced he would be the only boy but he quickly made some new BFF's and was mad when we were ready to leave 8 hours later.
They played ball and video games all night long. Good thing they didn't see Pokey cooking the crawfish though!

J and I got up early Sunday morning and grabbed some breaky and hit Target to get some things he needed for camp and some happies for Leslie as a thank you. After that running around, we played with the bunnies some more and then headed out to the pool to enjoy a few hours of sun. By then, Cookie had really warmed up to both of us!
We left town in time to get back to Memphis before Sunday night church services and then grabbed some Exline's pizza before settling into a night of watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.....Off. The. Hook. I'm so glad I wasn't born into that culture. They are disgusting to me in every aspect and though I try to be open minded about people, I have yet to find one redeeming quality about these people. BTW, I am not basing my opinions of these people off of the show, I have had lots of experience with them ever since I was in the restaurant business in college.
Today has been spent chillin' in the Redneck Riviera. It started very early when I dropped J off at Central Church for his week at Camp Tsungani and the rest has been total relaxation! A little bit of sun in the new and improved Redneck Riviera. We've added some greenery, furniture, torches and recreational equipment since last year.
Now K and I are just hanging out on the patio, having a cocktail and smokin some meat for dinner.
What a wonderful life!!!! And I sure appreciate everyone that makes it possible :) My Facebook status today reads:
I'm thankful I get the option of wearing a bikini in public instead of being forced into a burka, I get to work in a male dominated field & get paid the same, I can bar b q w/ my family in the backyard w/o being bombed & I can openly worship my God w/ no repercussions...thank you to all the men & women who have fought to ensure I can do all of this!!! I APPRECIATE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment