Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

YIKES!!!!! Absentee blogger, Nashville trip, flooding, Mother's Day and Medifast

Gosh, it has been forever since I've blogged. I got behind and the thought of catching up would make me procrastinate more since I didn't have time to fully catch up until now here it is a month later and I definitely don't have time to catch up so I will hit a few high points and rock on.....Since I have been away, K and I made a trip to Nashville. We were suppose to run the Country Music Marathon but because of my knee injury and a hotel room that was already paid for, we had a weekend of relaxing and eating marvelous food :)
We got there Friday afternoon and met Les, Josh and La for dinner at Virago. It was delicious as usual but they have moved and the location is better than ever....they now have an amazing outdoor dining room upstairs that overlooks downtown.
Saturday was even better. The day was beautiful and it was spent relaxing by the pool getting lots of sun and vitamin D. Later that night, K and I went to The Stockyard for one of the best dinners I have ever had!
Well, let me rephrase that.....I had an awesome dinner of some of blackened salmon and ate a lot of K's dinner which was one of the best dinners I have ever had!
This is his $120 plate of food!!!!!!!! He ordered the filet (which was $50) and asked if he could add a lobster tail to it but did not ask the "market price" of that lobster tail....the bill came and that sucker was $70!!!!!! But it was one of the best lobster tails we had EVER eaten :)
We got up early Sunday morning and headed home because there was very bad flooding in Memphis and we weren't sure how long it would take us to get home. The flooding problems are still with us. The river crested 2 days ago at 48 feet, which is the highest it has ever been except for one other time. Downtown and the north part of the county is underwater. The waters have finally started receding but it is slow moving. Here are a few pics of the flooding:
                                             Interstate 40 headed from downtown to Arkansas

                                                                          Mud Island
                                                                           Tom Lee Park Another happening since I have been away was Mother's Day last Sunday. It was a great day.
I woke up to my favorite flowers from my favorite guys. We met Mom, Roy, Sissy, John, Bennie, Marcia and all of her gang at church and then had brunch at Sissy's.
After that, J, K and I went home to set up the Redneck Riviera for the first time this year and later that afternoon headed over to the swamp area of the Greenline to do a little fishing.
We didn't catch anything but it was a lot of fun being with my guys with no else to do besides try to hook a fish. Well that about sums it up.....oh yeah and I started the Medifast diet 11 days ago and am doing pretty well. I weighed after a week and had lost 5.4 pounds. I will be weighing again in the morning....I decided to switch my weigh in days to Friday instead of Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment