Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Amazing Chicken Tacos. No power :( And the poem that goes with it.

I got home yesterday to the best smell. I put several chicken breasts in the crockpot with some broth, taco seasoning, cumin and chipotle powder that morning and they were right on last night. The guys used it to make soft tacos and I used it for the best taco salad ever!
We had some pretty bad storms come through and as we were cleaning the dinner dishes, the electricity went out and is still out. What a bummer! A lot of food will be ruined I'm sure and I wanted some more of that chicken taco salad for dinner tonight. Pissed does not even describe how I feel about the culprit of all of this mess, which I was able to snap a pic of while being detoured around it.
I woke up in the middle of the night as I was sweating to death and could barely sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time and came up with a peom, here it is:

It's so hot in here,

hopes of sleep are no where near.
I've tossed and turned,
the candles have burned.
I never would have made it back in the day,
a pioneer woman, no way!
I just want some lights,
before I start a fight.
The food in the fridge is ruined,
MLGW, what are you doin?????

No comments:

Post a Comment