Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First laid back weekend in a while. A Presedentail Motorcade. Monday night baseball.

I got home Friday evening and did nothing except exactly what I wanted. The weather was perfect, K was smoking some ribs, we made ourselves some drinks, turned on some music and sat there all night talking, drinking and eating a little. Here was a lot of my view:
K loves his new smoker and I love what he does with it. Those ribs were so stinking delicious, not quite part of my diet but I didn't care. Taco hung around a lot too hoping for some drops of rib!
Saturday was a lazy, lazy day for me at least. K had to get up and work for a few hours but he was back home by lunch and we lounged in the living room all day catching up on shows we had DVR'd. The weather had gotten cold and dreary so there was no place better than the couch. After a long nap, we headed over to the new Jim's Place to grab a few drinks and some dinner. This was suppose to be my official cheat meal of the week so I cheated again!
It is so much better than it was at the last location. We found a few seats at the bar and enjoyed the rest of our night talking to Leanna (the bartender), watching all the picking up that was going on and eating some really good food. We ordered the calamari and fried green tomato appy, K had a filet covered with crabmeat and bernaise sauce and I just had a loaded potato for dinner because I was all out cheating with dessert. I had some kind of chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, toffee, caramel and whipped cream and it was GOOD! We woke up Sunday and the weather was still horrible so we had another lazy day. The Grizzlies playoff game was that afternoon and after their loss, we went to look at a house in Eads we were interested in. After seeing it in person, we are dying to get this house....too bad our realtor sucks and is doing nothing to sell our house! I know if it's meant to be, we will get it somehow. I picked J up and after a quick trip to Walmart to get some toy he was NEEDING, we went home, had some hodgepodge dinner of whatever I could come up with from the freezer and called it a day. Yesterday, the president was in town to speak at Booker T. Washington's graduation. I was able to catch sight of his motorcade from the office.
It was pretty impressive, even if you can't tell from the video.
Last night, J had a baseball game and it was great!!!! The Cubs were down 8-3 at the bottom of the last inning, the coach on the other team had made a total ass of himself, wanting to fight our coach and the Cubbies came back and won it! I was going crazy!! Best win ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment