Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Bday Celebration for J, Relaxing Weekend and Winter Storm 2011

Friday was nice and easy at work. I took a mid-day walk and things were very beautiful downtown and not too terribly cold. I slept through my morning workout so I definitely had to get out and do a little at lunch. I made my way down Main Street and then through South Bluffs and on to the riverwalk. I got back to the office and was pretty hungry so I had my leftover Pho from Thursday and it hit the spot. After work, I had to get J to basketball practice and then we made it home to pick up K and went to Exline's Pizza to have another birthday celebration for him. Sis and Taylor and the Mays clan, the Feathers clan and Leegan and Jackson met us for dinner.
We ate pizza, played video games and watched LSU in the Cotton Bowl. After dinner, we headed over to Bartlett Lanes and bowled a few games.

The boys had almost as much fun as the adults. K and I dominated our lane as you can see in the next picture.
K got up and left for Selmer the next morning around 4am since it is the last weekend of deer season except for youth weekend next week. J had a basketball game Saturday morning and then we ran errands and met Mom, Sissy, Taylor, Benny and Sean at Bogie's for lunch. J went over to his dad's to spend the night so they could get up and go hunting Sunday morning. K decided to come home and spend some time with me. We had a date night at Houston's. The entertainment was out full force and we had a great time people watching. We decided early on to have plenty of fun since the weathermen were calling for a winter storm coming in Sunday night. We lounged in bed all day long Sunday with our computers, the TV and my kindle waiting on the snow. We finally rallied around 5:00 and K went to the grocery store to get ingredients for gumbo.

Here are the beginning stages of the gumbo. Notice my awesome beer koozie that K got for me to keep things close while doing the important stuff! We spent Sunday night watching the winter wonderland as I cooked and we watched the 1st season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We finally had dinner around midnight and made it to bed at 1:00. I woke up this morning ready to roll after having such a lazy day on Sunday. We couldn't really go anywhere because the streets were covered with about 5 inches of snow so I got busy in the house, trying to get ready to put it back on the market. I rearranged the bedroom and living room and now they seem more open and like they have a little more room. I also did a ton of cleaning and laundry. I finally slowed down around 4:30 and got some catching up that I needed to do on computer files and picture maintenance. I'm heating up some of the leftover gumbo and watching the BCS National Championship (Auburn v. Oregon) now. Hoping to be off tomorrow too...although I don't know what I will do if I am snowed in and have already done everything around the house that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment