Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years, 2011 goals, J's birthday, back to work and back to healthy decisions

New Years Day was a total recovery day. K and I lounged at the house, watched football and snacked. It was the last day of hunting for Ryan and his friend, Chad, so they headed to the house that afternoon. Ryan requested a Cajun meatloaf for dinner so we all hung out Saturday night while I cooked and we stuffed our faces and had a little bit of the hair of the dog. We got up Sunday morning and I made a bunch of boudin and biscuits for the boys before they hit the road. I started on 1 of my goals for 2011. I am going to try again to read the bible in a year. I am using a different reading plan this time. It goes chronologically through the bible instead of doing and old and new testament, a psalm and a proverb reading everyday. I am sure I will like this better because jumping all around the bible confused me, even though I liked how a lot of times the new testament reading be the old testament lesson coming to life. I am also using my favorite study bible for it too. This can be the year I do it! K and I went shopping for J's birthday present  later that afternoon. We scored him a bicycle, a metal target with 3 plates for his .22 and a huge camo duffel bag. After all of our errands, we went to church and then met Sis and John for dinner at Carabba's. We hung out there forever, watching the gypsies that overtook the restaurant while we were there. Sissy and I entertained K with nightmare stories about them from our days in the restaurant business. He had never been around them or heard anything about them and was amazed and annoyed. We made it home and I couldn't get in the bed fast enough. After all of the food and spirits I had consumed over the last few days, I felt poisoned! Was so looking forward to a "cleanse" to begin on Monday. I slept in Monday because my stomach was still a little ill from the weekend but made it to work. After work, I picked up J and K and I took him to Cooky Canuck for his birthday dinner. He loved all of his presents and said he'd had the best Christmas and birthday ever.

I woke up Tuesday morning and did my new dancing with the stars workout dvd. It was all dance moves and tho I looked like a complete fool, I worked up a really good sweat! It was pretty fun :) It really made me think I might want to take some dance lessons. I would love to be able to get out on the dance floor at DI's and cut a rug like those old Cajuns do. Maybe I will ask K to get me dance lessons for my birthday and go with me! At lunch, I started on another little goal I have for 2011. I have decided to start bringing my lunch to work more often so that I will have time to put in extra walking sessions that are in addition to my regular workouts. I have decided to walk at least 471.3 miles during my lunches this year. Why 471.3???? That is the distance from my work to the Cowboys stadium. Silly? Maybe! But definitely good for me. I read about a woman last year that walked 1200 something miles because that was the distance from where she lives now to where she was born. Those were her "real" workouts though so I am not being a pansy by doing 471 since I will still be doing my regular workouts! Dinner was one of the guys' deer. I put a roast in the crock pot before leaving home. Wednesday I woke up and did 45 minutes of the P90X yoga. Did some more of my goal walking at lunch even though it was dreary and cold and ugly. I hope this ambition stays with me!
During my walk, I went over to Harbortown and found a lovely little trail that I never knew existed. It was called the Cedar Grove and went along a little creek that ran between ponds behind some of the houses. I love the houses and the whole community at Harbortown. It reminds me of Seaside without the beach. I would LOVE to be able to afford to live there. I would have me a little cruiser bike and ride it all over the island and take it grocery shopping  and to the hair salon and down by the river :)










After my little "hike" I came back to the office and ate another awesomely healthy lunch I brought from home! It's amazing how much better I feel when I eat right and don't drink like there's a mandatory jug a day rule. I am totally detoxing from alcohol until my birthday, when I plan to drink SENSIBLY!!! It's so damn hard to just have one or two glasses of wine though because it is so tasty to me. K tried to get me to have a glass or two with him last night while he had some bourbon. He gave up dipping for New Years and he's not a happy camper so he has been substituting with whiskey the last few nights. I hope he is able to keep up with it....the not dipping part, not the drinking whiskey every night. He's been a little short tempered too but it's ok as long as it's all temporary. It's for a greater good!!! We hung out at the house last night. I broiled some steaks we had in the freezer and snuggled up on the couch with my kindle! I slept in this morning so got no workout. Will hopefully make up for it this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment