Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Too cold to do anything but eat

The dumbass weather was horribly cold all weekend, including some snow. Thank goodness it didn't stick! Since it was so miserable, I wasn't in the mood to do much of anything besides cook, eat & workout.

Friday night's menu was jalapeño and cream cheese stuffed pork tenderloin, boudin stuffed peppers, fried okra & potato salad.

After a long cardio/weights sesh at the gym, Saturday's lunch was an experiment which turned out really tasty. Sautéed romaine, peppers and celery topped with salmon and an over easy. Splendid!

Papa John was the Saturday night chef.

This is how I had to accessorize INSIDE of the house all weekend. When it gets this cold, I. Cannot. Deal.!!!

Was able to get out for a few things Sunday, including the gym, church, brunch at Local on the Square and a trip to THE Krogers.

It was K's first time to Local. We went with the standby crab stuffed avocado appy, he had the lobster BLT and I finally tried the chicken & waffles. I've been wanting to try them since the first time I went and they were delish but I doubt I will order them again. They are kinda plain in comparison to all of the other great items I've eaten there and I am definitely more of a complicated than plain type of girl.

Working today before I party like it's 1999 for NYE tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment