Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Football, sunsets, egg nog, friends and food

So during halftime of THE championship game, K and I went back to the soybean field to check for deer and we were greeted with this beautiful vision.

I don't believe I will ever get tired of the beauty that surrounds out home. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful retreat filled with people I couldn't love anymore than I do.
The second half of the game was shared with this little treat.

The game was so good and so damn exciting and went down to the very last second with Bama winning. Not how I wanted it to end but am going to pull my panties up and be a Roll Tide kinda girl next month. Gotta keep things down south!
After the game, K and I headed up to J. Alexander's for a few drinks while we waited for Heather and Ceci to show up.

A few more drinks and my favorite sammy later and I was about ready for bed. The girls came over to the house for about an hour and as soon as they decided to head out to Mulligan's, I ran to bed as quick as I could.
Sunday was spent sleeping late, meeting Marcy and Wendy for brunch at Local Gastropub on the Square. It's in the building that Yosemite Sam's use to be in and was fabulous. We started with a few midtown mimosas and the crab stuffed, tempura fried avocado.

Fantastic!
For my meal, I had the John Hughes Breakfast Club and it is definitely the best breaky sandwich I have ever had in my life. Not sure what was so perfect about it but it could have been the tomato jam, the chipotle aioli, the avocado, the homemade bread or the combination of all of that with eggs, bacon and cheese :)

The rest of the afternoon was relaxation with football and a book. Definitely was in my happy place last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment