Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years Eve & J's birthday

NYE around here was as low key as I can remember in years. The Tigers were playing the Chick-Fil-A bowl that night and it was fa-fa-fa-freezing so K & I decided to stay home & watch the game on our new big screen in the movie room. I stocked up on groceries and tried out my new food processor. It's pretty awesome, I'm wondering how I've cooked this long without one.



On the menu was Cajun meatloaf, mashed potatoes & roasted broccoli.


A few "highballs" accompanied the food too.


Of course no night is complete without Heather!


All of that fun made my body crave a cleaning so the next day, I started a 30 day greenie challenge & already feel better 4 days later! We will see how this goes. I'm pretty sure I can keep it up as long as I keep the ingredients stocked.


This week also brought J mans 13th birthday. It's amazing what a difference 13 years makes!


I brought J and his classmates some treats from Muddy's on his birthday.


Kennon picked J up from school on his birthday and they went to some Pickers store on the square in Collierville that they have been wanting to check out. J loved the Square and found a little restaurant/soda fountain that he wanted to have dinner at so we went back tonight to the Silver Caboose for his birthday dinner. There will be one more "celebration" tomorrow and then we will be thorough with his many days of birthday celebrations.

(I borrowed this picture of the square from the blog My View Collierville.)

No comments:

Post a Comment