Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Weekend


NYE 2011 was a great one. The weather was warm and sunny and fell on a weekend which meant I got 3 days off instead of one...Bonus! And it was a great weekend all around. K was at the hunting camp Friday night so I had a GNO. Brooke, Vicky and I had dinner at Pacific Rim and then headed over to Newby's to meet Sissy and John for the Cowboy Mouth show!

I had to actually go into work for a few hours Saturday morning. We are getting ready to start enforcing the strip club laws, so the sheriff wanted to make sure the pimps and hookers had one last opportunity to get licensed so he wouldn't get sued. No one showed up and I was out in plenty of time to take a power nap in preparation for the night's activities. K made sure to get home in time too. We started the night with wine and whiskey at the house and then headed to the Racquet Club for the Sheriff's Gala. It was as much as last year, except Mel wasn't there :(
  
 

After we shut that party down, a handful of us headed over to Fox and Hound to shut them down too. Apparently we didn't get a shot of the guys.
While at Fox and Hound, I received my first gift of the new year!
I told some girl that I liked her necklace and she gave it to me.....I was very excited about it.
Needless to say, after closing down two places, New Year's Day was one of rest spent watching football, napping and eating boudin and gumbo. Pretty awesome New Year's weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment