Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

40 ain't so bad!

My 40th struck last weekend and I was expecting it to be horrible and to have a break down but I got by with a little help from my friends.....and family!!
I arrived at work Friday morning to find my office was decorated and I have a lovely fruit and chocolate tray.

Friday night, K took me to Restaurant Iris. We stuck with some great standbys like the knuckle sandwich and Surf and Turf but ventured out and tried bone marrow for the first time. K loved it but I'm not quite sold. All I could think about while eating it was bone marrow transplants and cancer :( Everything else was magical, of course. When we got home, I had a package from Louisiana waiting for me.
I think Dale and Betty are trying to get me ready for next month!
Saturday morning, I woke up to some beautiful tulips (my faves), birthday cards and a Best Buy gift card from my guys.
This little baby quickly turned into an iPad that I had a hard time getting away from J.
J and I had lunch at Panera before he went to a skating party and I headed off to do a little birthday shopping.
He LOVES my blog pics. After a full afternoon, we grabbed some pizza and wings and settled into a lazy night watching movies and basketball.
Soul surfer was such a great movie!!!
Everyone got up Sunday morning and went to church, then we met Mom, Roy, Sis and Tay and went down to Tunica to do a little gambling and have brunch at the Horseshoe buffet.
It wasn't as good as we remembered it being but they had red velvet cake!! Later that night, we met friends for hibachi and Happy Birstday at Benihana.
It was a great weekend!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment