Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Alchemy, movie time and my dream bedroom

J has been at his dad's all week so K and I decided to try out Cooper/Young's latest edition to the Memphis food scene, Alchemy. We are so in love and it's a tapas bar, which I really needed now that I refuse to go to Flight since learning that the owner is a woman beater.

When we walked into Alchemy the only thing we noticed was the bar because it is so massive so we found a spot on one of the corners and bellied up. I was immediately taken to a happy place because their floral arrangements reminded me of our wedding and island vacation.
I wasn't able to get very good pics with my iPhone but it's an orchid inside a tall glass vase, almost identical to what we had at AMI.
K and I had as long as we wanted to kill and since everything on the menu was a small plate, we decided to have a few drinks and eat a few plates and just keep splitting it up like that.
1st on the food agenda were the wild mushroom pancakes topped with wilted spinach and goat cheese and beemster cheese and wild hog smoked sausage. K was not thrilled with the mushroom pancake description on the menu but I was able to persuade him to try and he's glad he did. They were awesome....almost as awesome as the beemster cheese. I could eat that all day, every day!
2nd round of food included the rock shrimp and chorizo mac & cheese and the pepper jelly wings with cheddar and bacon cornbread. To. Die. For!!!!
And for desert we had the smoked duck spring rolls and the lamb ribs with tzatziki. Spring rolls were good but nothing out of this world (they were K's choice, not mine!) but the ribs?!?! OMG! I cannot explain how awesome and yummy and tender these little jewels were. Absolutely perfect. They were K's favorite dish. Besides the spring rolls, everything absolutely blew us away. I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be the mac & cheese. Can't wait to go back, hopefully real soon!
Nothing else too exciting has gone on this week besides our field trip to Alchemy. We've kept Netflix busy this week having watched all of these movies:
Oh and I found my DREAM bedroom! I so hope to be able to relax in my very own similar spot like this someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment