Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Acre, Antlers, Mother/Daughter Brunch, BWW and New Pinterest Recipes

K and I got a gift certificate for Acre for a wedding present so we wandered that way Friday night.

We started off with some cocktails in the bar before dinner. The bartender made up a drink called Apple Jack and it was one of my faves: Jack Daniels, apple cider and bitters. I had a few of those jewels. We headed to the dining room for some eats and were even more pleased than the first time we ate there. We started with the duck pastrami and the homemade mozzarella salad. K ordered the Berkshire pork and I had the 72 hour braised shortrib and OHHH. EMMM. GEEEE... It was amazing!!! I have never in my life ordered shortribs but that is all I want from Acre forever. After dinner, we went back to the casa to have a few more drinks and act stupid:
Nice Rack!!!!
Saturday was a very busy day. It started with our annual Mother/Daughter Christmas brunch, we went to Bonefish this year.



Bang Bang Shrimp, a house salad and Shrimp Diablo Fettuccine all made its way into my belly! We also did a little bit of shopping and then I had to get to Immaculate Conception for J's basketball game. It started at the same time as the SEC Championship game but I was able to get home before halftime and in time to watch the Tigers get their shit together and come back for a win!
After the game, we had a surprise birthday party for Radar to go to at East End, then we met Heather and Jerry at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some Tigers basketball, ran by Windjammer to listen to some bad karaoke and then to Bobcat's for an end of the night drink.
We woke up Sunday and it was raining and continued to rain for 2 more days. Since I was stuck in the house, I took full advantage of it by cleaning, doing a million loads of laundry and prepping all kinds of food for dinner for the upcoming week. So far the menu has included:
Grouper Sandwiches

Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole

And spicy chicken corn chowder. I really can't put in words how much I love the Pinterest website. I have found so many great recipes on there!!!!
Other things that have gone on this week have been basketball, lots of rain, some snow today a new short haircut and the invention of one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches:
Fried egg, pepperjack cheese and peach preserves on cinnamon raisin toast.....yes I did and it is wonderful!!! Oh yeah and promotions have opened up and I got my application in yesterday, that's what's going on on my computer screen in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment