Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New foods and tastes. Girls Night. My wedding dress. The boys go off to camp.

Looks like I have lagged behind on my blogging again but will start off with saying I have a new love!!!
Green tea blended with lots and lots of frozen berries and pineapple and sometimes a banana thrown in also. Another thing I found that is pretty cool is a yellow watermelon.
I had never seen one of these until I cut into one last weekend. It was very surprising! Even though it looks crazy, it is still pretty yummy.
I also got to enjoy some sushi and girl time last week!
Some of the other happenings of our weekend were some tremendous smoked chickens.
I took Friday off work to see the doctor about my shoulder, get J from VBS and to go shopping for a wedding dress, between all of that, I picked up some chickens and Leegan and we had quite the busy night at the house Friday night. J and Leegan played all night long while K and I hung out in the oasis while he smoked our chickens. Leegan had never had smoked chicken before and went kinda crazy over it, 6 servings worth of crazy. Saturday, I took the boys to the Fogelmans to swim and eat the yellow watermelon while K headed to the hunting lease to do some bush hogging. K stayed at the lease Saturday night and J went to his dad's to spend some Father's Day time with him. I enjoyed a very quiet night at home and went to bed early after a long walk with Margo.
Sunday after church, I grabbed J and the Mays boys and headed to Paris, TN to take them to hunting camp.
It's funny how the simple act of driving J to camp keeps me from worrying so much instead of putting him on a bus, like we did with Tsungani. Granted, it is a lot more trouble but definitely worth my peace of mind. I made it home in time for K and I to enjoy a few drinks and cook out some steaks in our backyard oasis.
I bought the steaks on Saturday from Charlie's and let them marinate all day long and then K cooked them according to an instruction card I got from Folks Folly and they were perfect :)
Monday brought about In Service week, which sucks! The waste of time is bad enough but then not being able to stay on my routine adds to the suckiness. I hate not being able to work out until I get off work unless that is what I want to do. I went for a long bike ride Monday night but decided to change things up last night. I did everything in the backyard and it was pretty fun! I had 3 stations that I did for 5 minutes each for 3 rounds for a total of 45 minutes. The stations were the trampoline, the stairclimber and the yoga mat where I had weights and did squats, rows, presses, planks and upward dogs. The time passed quickly and was really fun.
Notice my supervisor in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment