Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Cupcakes. Etouffe. Cougar Watching. Sushi.

Loading up on the fresh produce didn't last too long once I got my hands on this:
I had to run to the grocery store at lunch and was so close to the Ladybugg Bakery that I decided to drop in and see how it compared to my favorite cupcake place, Muddy's. No comparison. Now that doesn't mean that Ladybugg wasn't good but I just really don't think anything is ever going to come close to being as good as Muddy's!
After work, I went home and knocked out a 12 something mile bike ride, to try and knock some of that German Chocolate Cupcake off my hips, and then got to cooking. The last time K and I were "back home" (that is what I now call Louisiana after hearing K call it that so much and there is no back home for me since I never left home) we borrowed a bag of crawfish that was shelled during the Easter crawfish boil and I put it to good use along with some shrimp and whipped up a little etouffe.
The etouffe was delicious but I kinda messed mine up. I thought it would be a good idea to top pasta instead of rice with the etouffe and it just wasn't the same.....2 misses in one day :(
Yesterday consisted of work, 60 minutes at the Y and this little jewel:
This is one of my favorite snacks going on right now, a mini wheat pita pocket smeared with spinach and artichoke hummus and topped with cucumber, bell pepper and a spicy pepper. The day was finished with a night of really great people watching. K and I were told by Leighanna, the bartender at Jim's Place, that Thursday night was the night to be there if you liked to people watch and she was right on. The cougars and losers were out in full effect and we had 3 1/2 solid hours of entertainment. We also grabbed a few drinks and some dinner while we watched. K had a filet and I had the Greek burger.
There wasn't much pep in my step today since I didn't get any good sleep last night but downing a little spicy sushi and being informed by K that we have Restaurant Iris reszies tonight has definitely refueled me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment