Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

I'M ENGAGED!!!!! Baseball playoffs and championship.

On Friday, June 3, 2011, I finally received what I have been waiting for a long time for :)
 K finally asked me to marry him!!!!!! He took me to dinner at Restaurant Iris, our favorite restaurant, and did the deed. I almost died. I couldn't believe it and then I started crying and then I was so excited, I couldn't stand it. By the time it was all over, all of the waitstaff, Chef Kelly and a lot of the other people dining had come by to take a look at the ring and congratulate us. It was so exciting!
What a wonderful night! We spent a lot of this past week making plans for our wedding on Anna Maria Island. So far we have our house booked, Reverend Charlie booked as our officiant and the plans for the flowers have begun. We will be staying in the Casa Palma on the north end of the Island. Casa Palma It is a huge and beautiful duplex and K's family is going to stay next door so we will have the whole compound to our wedding party :)
Our engagement wasn't the only excitement that went on last week, we also had A LOT of baseball. J's playoffs were last week and his team took it all the way to the championship game.....and a lot of their success was because of him. They had to play so many games that their pitchers became ineligible and J came in and helped save the day in one of the playoff games, the semifinals and the championship game. He even got the game ball for the semifinal game. They did not win the tournament but they did so great. They really made the Braves fight to win it. The game was not over until the very last play. Bottom of the inning, 2 outs, 2 strikes and 3 balls and what did the little boy on the Braves do? He connected with the ball well enough to get the player on 3rd base in. J and his teammates were so disappointed but I thought they did one hell of a job!!!!!
This was a very, very, very great week!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment