Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I've really gotten behind on here. 2 weekends and Thanksgiving to catch up on. Ok, well when I left off it was a Friday afternoon and K had left to go hunting. J had basketball practice and then we had to get a new battery for my car.
Love the sweet guys at Autozone! :) After we got that taken care of, we stopped by Heather's to see her. Her mom had died and I wanted to visit with her for a bit. Saturday morning, J went to his dad's and I headed to Pickwick with the pups to meet K.

Mom and Roy were up there too. When K was through hunting, he came to the lakehouse and we watched some football and then headed over to Jon's Pier for dinner. He got up early Sunday and went hunting again and I took a nice long walk and enjoyed the fall colors.

I headed back to Memphis that afternoon and K came home to. We went to Swanky's for dinner and football. Monday morning wasn't too bad since it was going to be a short week. After work, I had dinner with J at Mom and Roy's and hung out with them for a bit. Tuesday was bowling night. I made some pastalaya for K and I and J got to stay late at bowling since there was no school on Wednesday. Jackson came home with him from the bowling alley and we went to the zoo Wednesday to ice skate with Angie D. and her boys and Mel and Drew.

The Christmas decorations were up and they looked great.

After a little more than an hour skating, we enjoyed some time with the animals.


After the zoo, we took Jackson home and headed back to our house to do some cooking for Thanksgiving.

I made an ooey gooey butter cake for the first time and it was fantastic. We got up Thursday morning and went to church with Mom, Roy and Sissy before heading to Mom's for Thanksgiving lunch. We had a good load of people (Mom, Roy, J, K, me, Sissy, John, Tay, Marcia, Jordan, Dillon, Kris, Brian, Carter and Cayson) and a ton of food. The day was going great and we were having so much fun but as we were finishing eating, Bennie called John to tell him that Tom had died. What a horrible thing for their family to lose him on such a special holiday :( That pretty much put a damper on everything. Everyone packed up and headed out. I stayed and helped mom clean up and then watched the Cowboys game with her, Roy and J. K headed out to the hunting camp. J and I made it home later on, despite the heavy thunderstorms and hunkered down for the night with a movie and more ooey gooey butter cake. We got up Friday and did some things around the house, headed to the barrel for some breakfast and then headed to the lake. We met K at the Pickwick Catfish Farm for dinner and then went to bed pretty early. The guys got up and went hunting Saturday morning, I got things straightened up and headed back to Memphis. Aimee invited me over to her parents to watch the LSU game.

We had a ton of fun even though we lost. Her family was great and there were a lot of people there. After the game, we headed over to Heather's who was having people over since Keith Hooper was in town. I made it home way late but got to sleep in Sunday :) I got up and did some Christmas shopping while I waited on the guys to get home from hunting. We napped and then grabbed some dinner at Carraba's before going to bed early to catch up on our beauty sleep and get ready for a full week of work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment