Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween and Ft. Lauderdale

Sunday was Halloween. J and K came home early from hunting. K repacked and hit the road to go to the World Series with Trent. J and I headed downtown for breakfast.
We were going to try the Trolley Stop Market but it was closed so we went with the Arcade. J had never been so it was a good choice.

He loved the diner atmosphere and really loved the blueberry pancakes.

And I had the Eggs Sardou and grits. Very yummy! After all this food and hardly any sleep over the weekend, J was ready for a nap. We went home and rested up for the night. K couldn't find his ninja costume so he dressed up as an Olympic baseball player and we headed over to Heather and Jason's for some trick or treating.

J and Shane all dressed up and ready to go.

J and his stash.
Monday, I had some TBI SOR training and got out around 2:00. J and I ran some errands and got home in time to find K coming home too. We hung out, watched some football and I cooked us some tacos. Tuesday, I woke up to cold, rainy, shitty weather but I got to catch a flight to Ft. Lauderdale as soon as I got J dropped off at school. We made a little pit stop at Starbuck's before school to warm up.

I landed in Florida around lunch and found a beautiful sunny day and temperatures in the 80's and no where to be for the day so I went to the beach and forgot that winter even existed!

After a long day at the beach, I got ready and went to dinner at Bimini Boatyard and it was one of the best dinners I've ever had. Grilled grouper with a mango red curry sauce over a bed of potatoes, plantains and pineapple with a roasted corn salsa and a few glasses of wine at the outdoor bar on the water.

It was heavenly :) My conference started today. Trying to decide on what to do with my night....

No comments:

Post a Comment