Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

15th Street Fisheries, Rodney King trial lawyer, and back to Bimini's Boatyard

Last night I found 15th Street Fisheries restaurant and gave it a whirl. It had a great deck right by the water where the kids were feeding the tarpon and the boats were pulling in for a bite or some gas. I sat on the water and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine and some dinner. I ordered a cup of clam chowdah and the blackened mahi sandwich. The chowdah was amazing and the mahi was nothing better than I could make at home but the atmosphere was great. After dinner, I decided to take a walk and explore some of the dock area where the boats were coming in and realized this was one of the restaurants I came to the last time I was here with Joe Rinehart and Stephen Lies for the FBI conference. I didn't recognize it at first because I came in from the street side, where as Joe, Stephen and I came in from the water taxi side.
Today's conference was really good! Mike Stone was the speaker. He is a defense attorney that works only for law enforcement officers and represented one of the officers (Powell) in the Rodney King incident. He was a really great speaker and taught me so much I didn't know about my rights as a police officer. Here's a pic during the Rodney King days...he's the one in the stunner shades!


After class, I made it to Bimini Boatyard in time for happy hour and had a few glasses of wine and a seafood medley that was to die for! It was a fresh grouper fillet with a burre blanc sauce, 2 mini crab cakes, a skewer of blackened shrimp and some lobster risotto. OMG! So damn good! Not sure if tonight or Tuesday night's meal was best. I've had a great time down here and have been very chipper and in a such a good mood with all the warm weather but damn I miss my man and my boy. Believe it or not, I'm ready to take my ass back to the cold weather as long as I get to be with the ones I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment