Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crack candy, tree decoration, early Christmas gift and a decision on the marathon

Someone got an early Christmas present.

How cute is Taco meat??

Monday was Tom's memorial service. K picked J up from school for me so I could go. We had planned on getting our tree when I was through with the service but it was raining and freezing cold so it was a no go. J was disappointed but I lifted his spirits a little by making deer tacos. Tuesday was suppose to be bowling night for J but Jimmy had a basketball game so he went with me to the Tashie's. Marcy cooked us dinner and she and I had a marathon crack candy making session while the kids played. They hadn't seen each other in forever and had a lot of fun.
Marcy and Sophia breaking up the crack!
I'm not sure what has me in such the Christmas mood but I was really in the mood to have some kind of tree up in the house, so when we got home from the Tashie's, I put up the Charlie Brown Christmas tree I had bought earlier that day.

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."
The rain finally cleared up Wednesday so we were finally able to go get our tree. We went to the Christmas tree lot across from the K Rogers (where we went last year) and one of the teachers/baseball coaches, Coach Vanamon, that was at White Station when I was there was running the lot. We did a lot of catching up, he is still coaching but at Cordova High now. He was very interested in J. Said he could tell he was a ball player and was going to be huge. Called him being a pitcher without us telling him. I originally thought we would just get the tree home and decorate another night because I had planned on cooking a pot of tomato cream sauce and pasta but once we had the tree, I wanted it decorated, so we ordered pizza and got to work.
Amazingly only one ornament was broken this year, but that was probably because I let the guys do more of the decorating than I did. Last year, I easily broke 8 or 9.... oops! We finished up and then enjoyed dinner by tree light.

K and I made a decision on the St. Jude marathon and the decision is to not participate. It is suppose to be a great hunting weekend, the temperatures are going to be subfreezing at race time and J's first basketball game is at the same time so our decision was kinda made for us. We're toying around with the idea of signing up for the Nashville half so we will have a reason to keep training. I went ahead and picked up my race packet and t-shirt today after my sushi lunch with Amber even though I'm not running. The shirt is cute but the 5k shirt was a lot cuter, it was green!

No comments:

Post a Comment