Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Soups and exercise and work holidays and LSU preparation

Mom didn't feel like cooking Monday night so her and Roy took J and I to Longhorn's steakhouse for dinner. It was the first time I had been and was really good. I took my lunch break Tuesday and picked up things for dinner and went on a 3 miler.

I worked out that morning but the weather was so perfect, especially for a November afternoon that I couldn't pass up the chance to get out and enjoy it. J went bowling Tuesday night and I made a huge pot of Cajun corn and crab chowder with a salad.

I was suppose to take Mel out for drinks for her birthday after work Wednesday but Drew was sick with stomach problems and they had to take him to the ER. I was glad not to be going out after a pretty frustrating day at work. K grilled out some of our favorite smoked sausage and we made Po Boys, had a few beers and caught up on some of our TV that we missed last week. Thursday was Veterans Day and I stayed home from work to get some things done before we head out of town for the weekend. I slept in late and then went for a ride.

It felt great...it had been forever since I had been on my bike. I ran some errands and picked J up from school. I spent the rest of the night cooking for this weekend's tailgating festivities. I made a pot of Taco soup, some Cajun meatloaves for sammies, cupcakes and guacamole but by the looks of it, it looks like K and the pups were the ones hard at work!

 I'm so ready for Baton Rouge!! Just a few more hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment