Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Last day in Ft. Lauderdale and home to a perfect and relaxing weekend

Friday morning, we had 3 more hours of training and then were through at 11:30am. Our flight wasn't until 4:30 so Oscar and I headed over to Bimini so I could have one last dose of fresh seafood before leaving.
The day was beautiful, very, very windy but beautiful, so we sat outside. I had the blackened grouper with brocolini and mac and cheese. It was delicious, just like everything else I had there. We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare so I picked up a new book to get into.

I got into it pretty good waiting to get back to Memphis and it's a pretty good read so far. I made it back to Memphis around 6:00pm and K and I decided to go up to Houston's for dinner and some drinks. We were both in some sort of wild mood and decided to drink Woodford. We almost forgot to eat but we finally got around to it. I had the Hawaiian ribeye and he had the prime rib.....it wasn't fresh seafood but it was awesome. We slept in late Saturday morning and then spent the whole day watching college football. It was an exciting football day! LSU was able to pull out a win over Alabama with some crazy plays. Later that night, K and I met Marcy and JJ for dinner at Flemings. I got up Sunday morning and did 10 miles.

I really didn't want to do it but after waking up yesterday and weighing myself and seeing that I have lost 10 pounds and the fact that I didn't do a training run/walk last weekend, I had a lot of motivation. I took the greenline to Shelby Farms and it was a beautiful morning.

I relaxed the rest of the day, watched some football, read some of my book and prepared a brisket for K to smoke. I picked up my little man that evening and was so happy to see his cute little face, it had been 5 days since I'd seen him and it was time for me to have some J time. K finished smoking the brisket, I made some potato salad, baked beans and cheddar muffins and we had a wonderful dinner....
...except for what we were watching on TV. The Cowboys game was on (v. Green Bay) and we got to see their SEVENTH loss of the season. So pathetic. They are the worst team of the franchise's history I do believe. I woke up this morning and did an easy ellip session since my legs were totally worn out from yesterday's 10 miles. I got to work to a ton of catch up to do, which is still not close to being done but I had to take a break. Oh yeah AND Wade Phillips got fired today! Granted, I am not crazy enough to think this will solve the Cowboys' problems but it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment