Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SoBro Camp Day 3

On Wednesday, we broke up into our color groups and went on a scavenger hunt in Central Park, which means we had around 100 campers on the NYC subway. This was a little stressful considering I wasn't even completely comfortable navigating myself around on it but at least it was a straight shot and we didn't have to switch trains. I was with the white group which was 3rd and 4th graders. I'm pretty sure I was more excited about going to the park than they were. We didn't win the contest but we did have a blast.
After camp was over, we went back to Manhattan for dinner at Pete's Tavern. We had the nicest waiter with one of the heaviest NY accents I've ever heard but his wasn't annoying. We all liked it and kept asking him questions so we could hear him talk. Apparently Pete's Tavern is a hot spot for the famous folks. The walls were covered with pictures of all of them that had been there. I saw Tom Selleck, Brangelina, Johnny Depp and Rudy Giuliani to name a few. I forgot to snap any pics while in Pete's but did get some on the walk to and from. 
I'm really beginning to love NYC and the people and the transportation and the buildings and the noise! Wha???

No comments:

Post a Comment