Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

K's birthday part 2

Kennon officially hit the 4-0 on Saturday and we celebrated in Oxford. Our tradition of eating at a nice restaurant that we have never been to for his birthday was getting a little hard to do at home since we've pretty much hit them all up and nothing really nice has recently opened. I decided to look for a place out of town when my hairdresser suggested a place in his hometown that was good. I knew one of the owner's of a restaurant in Memphis had recently opened a place down south so I decided we would try that one. I started looking for places to stay since we would be out of town and found the cutest looking B&B, which would be a perfect place to stay since neither one of us had ever done that either.
We started the day off with a round of golf at the Links of Oxford. The weather was perfect and our shots were straight so we had a good day! I actually came about a foot away from hitting a hole in one, we were going CRAZY!

















After our game, we made our way to the 5 Twelve which was the cutest B&B I've ever seen.....not that I've seen that many but even if I had, I do believe it would still be one of the cutest.
We checked into our room and hung out on the lanai for a bit before getting ready to go out. 

Our B&B was 3 blocks from the square so we hoofed it that way and made it to Old Venice and Boure before dinner for a few drinks. The square was packed even though school was out and we enjoyed sitting out on the patios doing a little people watching.
Dinner was at McEwen's Oxford and it did not disappoint! We had fried oysters for an appy and the salmon and duck special for our dinners. It was seriously the best duck I have ever eaten in my life! After dinner, we went to Soulshine Pizza to listen to some live music and went back to Boure for one last dill pickle martini before heading back to the B&B to sleep in one seriously comfortable bed.

The next morning, we enjoyed a big breakfast complete with cheese grits :) before leaving against our will and heading back home. It was a great weekend and I think I had as much fun on K's birthday as he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment