Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A viral girls' weekend and Fat Tuesday

Last weekend was our annual Girls' Weekend at the Lake and it went horribly wrong :( It was suppose to be a nice weekend so Heather, Jess, Katie and I headed east to meet Susan Friday afternoon and started the weekend off with guns and coolers a blazing.
We had big plans of heading over to the hunting land Saturday to do a little target shooting. Friday night was spent with a lot of food that we cooked, a bit of wine that we drank and lots of music, dancing and gossipping....We woke up Saturday morning still wanting to go shoot but got a little side tracked with the whole mess of a funeral for Whitney Houston and before that was over with, I was hit hard with some kind of stomach virus. I proceeded to spend the rest of the day very close to the toilet because of the sudden outbursts my stomach would have through my mouth and the rest of the girls chilled and we watched movies and gossipped more.
They finally got sick of all the snacky food we had in the house and headed out for Mexican food while I stayed in bed dying a slow death. But they didn't forget me all night, they came back with a hell of a tequila buzz and proceeded to annoy me when I wasn't dying laughing at them.
We stayed up pretty late talking again and I guess if I have to be sick and miserable, it is at least fun having great friends around to gossip with. The weekend was a huge fail for me but everyone else had fun and as of now, 4 days later, no one else is sick! They left the lakehouse around lunch time and I stayed and napped a little while longer until I had the energy to make the drive back home.

Sunday and Monday were rest and recovery days for me and yesterday was Fat Tuesday so I celebrated literally.....I made myself feel as fat as I could on cupcakes and crawfish! It was so good but today I pay. I'm fasting for Ash Wednesday and feel like I could eat my boot. Hapy Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment