Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend at The 'Wick

K and I spent the weekend at the lakehouse with Mom and Roy. We went up Friday after work and got there in time for dinner. Mom wanted to go to the I'd Rather Not Catfish place so we packed up in one car once they got there and headed over. We all ate a butt load of fried food including catfish, fries, hushpuppies, pickles and okra. I felt like total shit about an hour after we ate but it tasted so good. I hate that! We got back to the lakehouse and stayed up talking to mom and Roy for a while and then called it a night. I got up first thing Saturday morning to go work off some of that fried goodness. I hit a little over 3 miles and saw some beautiful sights!
I know the calorie count is off some. I know my pace was slower than normal but I was on some huge hills. I worked my ass off and can still feel it today in my legs and behind.
I took the golf trail for most of my walk since it was so hot and a lot of the trail is in the shade and I had a lot of beautiful scenery to look at.
There is something so calming to me whenever I am near water. I love it so much!!! After my walk, we headed to the boat. Roy was about to chew his arm off because he was so hungry so our first stop was at Grand Harbor Marina to grab a bite. After we were fueled, we rode around the lake for a couple of hours and Roy pulled me on the tube. Mom got real hot and they decided to get off the water so it was K and I for the rest of the afternoon. We headed up the Tom Bigby since K had never been up that way.
And then we went and checked out some of the hot spots: Pickwick Falls, Panther Cove and Sugar Creek. We never were able to find Sugar Creek but we ran out of time too. We took turns driving all day too.
We had a wonderful day and had the suntan lines to prove it. We got back to the lakehouse, got cleaned up and had a few cold beers before heading out to grab some dinner and listen to some live music at Cactus Jack's....they had one of the best burgers we have ever eaten. We got up Sunday morning, got everything cleaned up and headed back to Memphis after being lazy for a little while. Even the pups were worn out.
I wasn't really wanting to come home but J was FINALLY coming home. I missed that little sucker so much while he was at his dad's that I made him come to work with me today!
He's my favorite co-worker ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment