Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving plans and the best chicken ever

Thanksgiving will be at our house this year!!!! It's the first time ever for me to host the dinner and I'm excited :) Sissy, Tay and I got together yesterday to figure out our menu. We aren't hogs or anything I promise.


Other accomplishments yesterday included the best chicken I have ever had in my life besides fried chicken. I found the idea on Pinterest and then personalized it a little.


First I stuffed a whole chicken with tons of garlic and rubbed his outside down with olive oil and rotisserie seasoning. After that easy prep, I sliced a huge opinion and covered the bottom of my crockpot and laid chicken little to rest on top, put the lid on and let him cook all day on low.
He made his own gravy while cooking and fell apart when I took him out.


I fried some potatoes & onions, mashed up some acorn squash and roasted green beans & brussel sprouts to serve next to him. It really was out of this world delicious chicken. I guess the guys agreed because there wasn't enough of him left to pack for my lunch today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment